Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Feeling his light again...

"You're only as happy as your saddest child..."
I'm not sure where I heard that quote, but I find it to be so true.
For the past month or so, I have felt Matthew's spirit to be a little quiet...a little distant. I'm not sure exactly why, and I don't think he knows either. He was home from school sick for four days last week, and that wiped him out...But even before that, as I look back on the past few weeks, I noticed that he just didn't seem like himself...and it made me feel sad.

But over the last two days, I have been seeing his light return---like the sunshine that peeks through the clouds after a rain. His eyes seem brighter, his energy feels stronger, and it has lifted me as well. I feel relieved...and happy to have him back.

No comments: